I baked this GF and DF (my own recipe) yesterday and can honestly say that it was a moist, tasty cake with a lovely texture. You could of course replace the sunflower margerine with butter and use wheat self-raising flour if you wish.
It is also a very easy cake to make when you need a teatime treat in a hurry.
You will need:
150 grams of ‘Pure’ Sunflower margerine,
150 grams of Dove farm gluten free self raising flour,
1/2 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder,
150g golden caster sugar
Tablespoon of almond milk,
150g ground almonds
2 large free range eggs,
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons of seedless raspberry jam.
A cup of dried or fresh raspberries
Oven 160c fan
1. Grease and line a 22cm springform tin or loose bottom tin.
2. In a food processor or hand blender, blend fat, sugar, almonds, eggs, flour, baking powder and vanilla essence together until smooth. Add the milk.
3. Put half of the mixture into the tin.
4. Dot teaspoonfuls of jam over the mixture followed by the raspberries.
5. Dollop over the rest of the cake mixture.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden on top.
Leave to cool
Take out of tin.
Serve. This cake is delicious served whilst still warm! A friend and my husband agree!